- Reverberation time- "the amount of time it takes sound to decrease by 1/1000th of its original pressure."
- Imtimacy time-"time between when sound leaves its source and when the first reflection arrives."
- Bass ratio- "ratio of low to middle frequencies reflected from surfaces."
- Spacious factor- "fraction of all the sound received by listener that is indirect."
Hearing inside rooms
- direct sound-sound that comes from the source directly and reaches the listeners ears.
- indirect sound-sound that reaches the listener by being reflected off of environmental surfaces.
We learned in class about the cues for auditory location and I chose to focus on architectural acoustics. I never really thought about how sound takes places inside large rooms such as a concert hall. I've been to plenty of concerts but just didn't think about it. I became curious about this and found this topic interesting. This relates to perception and how sounds are perceived differently both inside and outside.